The positions are:
- AREA ORGANISER-ORGANISING AND CAMPAIGNING- applications close COB 11 May 2015
- COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER-ORGANISING AND CAMPAIGNING- applications close COB 8 May 2015
Saturday, 25 Apr
Last updateWed, 22 Apr 2015 4am
The positions are:
Today HACSU attended the Fair Work Commission seeking clarification regarding the mode of employment for DHHS employees contracted to work between 70 and 76 hours per fortnight.
This follows the Union becoming aware that the DHHS has been employing some staff on hours between 70 and 76 hours per fortnight and applying part time conditions those employees.
The EBA requires that part-time status only applies up to 70 hours per fortnight, accordingly full time conditions (including commuted allowance) and full time leave arrangements must be applied to workers employed above 70 hours.
Check out the latest newsletter from R U Ok?
It includes information about the first ever Rail R U Ok? Day this Friday 16 April.
Supported by the Australian rail industry including Metro Trains, V/Line and Yarra Trams.
Three meetings have been held between Jewish Care management and HACSU officials.
HACSU has presented Jewish Care with our log of claims found below.
The focus of our claims is:
• Improved wages
• Fair consultation, grievance and disciplinary processes
• Fair and set rostering principles
• Shorter rest breaks between shifts
• Creating a minimum shift length for all staff of 3.5 hours
• Creating minimum non-contact/administration hours
• Payment of higher duties and qualification allowances
• Better training and professional development for members
• Creating health and safety representatives within the workplace
• Access to Long Service leave after 7 years of continuous service pro rata
In 2015 Women & Leadership Australia is administering a national initiative to support the development of female leaders across all sectors.
From April 13th until May 31st women employed in the health sector are encouraged to apply for scholarship grants that subsidise leadership development at three levels.