HACSU MEMBER WIN!
We're contacting you to let you know that Portable Long Service Leave will soon be available for the nearly all disability workers!
You might remember that when the scheme first became law last year, disability workers who provided services to NDIS-funded clients were excluded from the scheme after employers lobbied to keep them out.
But after a strong campaign from HACSU members, the law was changed yesterday to ensure that disability workers, whether they supported NDIS clients or not, will be included in the scheme from 1 January 2020.
This is great news for workers in the sector who until now have not been able to carry long service leave benefits from one employer to another.
What you need to know:
- This benefit will be available to disability workers regardless of whether you support NDIS-funded clients or not.
- From 1 January 2020 your employer will make a payment on your behalf to the portable long service benefits leave authority and your leave credits will build up over time.
- If you work at more than one employer at a time, both will pay into the same long service leave account at the same time.
- Long service leave you have accumulated with your current employer is not affected by the scheme.
For more information click here or go to: https://www.vic.gov.au/worker-information-portable-long-service
For DHHS members:
- Any workers currently employed by DHHS OR those who have seconded to a new provider from DHHS won't start accumulating portable benefits until formal transfer has occurred in January 2021.
- As per the DSEAV, your long service leave will transfer with you when you formally transfer in January 2021.
If you have any questions, you can contact HACSU Assist on 1300 651 931 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget, it pays to be a part of HACSU! Having a powerful union made up of dedicated members means we can improve the sector through robust advocacy! Talk to your colleagues about joining HACSU today!