Home >News >Flood relief assistance and OHS resources

Flood relief assistance and OHS resources


For all HACSU members impacted by floods, and for those whose loved ones and community are affected, Victorian Trades Hall has put together this set of resources.

The Flood Recovery Hotline can be reached on 1800 560 760, daily from 7:30AM-7:30PM for help with navigating available supports, clean-up, temporary accomodation and support for your mental health and wellbeing.


Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment

A lump sum of $1000 per adult and $400 for each child younger than 16 is available for any residents seriously affected in the following areas: Campaspe, Greater Shepparton, Maribyrnong, Mitchell Shire, Strathbogie. New Zealanders in these areas can also get the payment.
You will need to link Centrelink to your myGov account. More information here:

Disaster Recovery Allowance

Payment equivalent to the maximum JobSeeker Payment or Youth Allowance for lost income as a direct result of the Victorian Floods is applicable in the following areas: Alpine, Benalla, Buloke, Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Corangamite, Gannawarra, Greater Bendigo, Greater Shepparton, Hepburn, Horsham, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Mansfield, Maribyrnong, Mitchell, Moira, Moonee Valley, Murrindindi, Northern Grampians, Pyrenees, Strathbogie Wangaratta. You need to earn less than the average Australian weekly income in the weeks after you had this income loss. New Zealanders can also get the above payment.  

You will need to link Centrelink to your myGov account. More information:

Victorian emergency relief assistance payments

$560 per adult and $280 per child. You can apply here:  

Emergency Re-establishment Assistance

Personal Hardship Assistance Program’s Emergency Re-establishment Assistance fund is only available for the hardest hit, providing up to $42,250 for uninsured properties. You will need to call the Flood Recovery Hotline 1800 560 760 to inquire about the re-establishment assistance. 

Crisis Accommodation

250 beds will open on Tuesday for crisis accommodation at the Mickleham facility. You will need to call Emergency Management Victoria’s Food Recovery Hotline 1800 560 760 to receive a referral. 


Please find below links to resources from regulators and government departments on mitigating risks associated with storms and flooding, for your consideration. 

If you have any queries that are not addressed by these resources, please send your question to Ask Renata.


WorkSafe Victoria

OHS Reps – VTHC hosted website information

WorkSafe QLD — Storms and Flood info

Link to WorkSafe QLD website, with information on:

  • Electrical safety during storms
  • Steps for planning to do work safely
  • Managing volunteers during flood cleanup and recovery
  • Chemical hazards
  • Slips, trips and falls
  • Biological hazards
  • Fatigue management
  • Psychological stress
  • Manual tasks
  • Displaced fauna

Other resources