Download this notice as a PDF.
As a result of negotiations between HACSU and the DHHS regarding the creation of new Disability Justice Teams across the state, HACSU members have won the following outcomes:
The DHHS will undertake following joint reviews:
- Service reviews at 6 and 12 months, terms of reference TBA will include, but not be limited to: workload and management of court appearances
- Disability Justice Practice Manual review will begin by COB 21st February and include better role definitions
- Position Description review
The DHHS will:
- provide new Disability Justice staff training to prior to undertaking their roles
- consult HACSU about information for Magistrates that clarifies Disability Justice Coordinators’ and Support Coordinators’ roles in an NDIS context
- Maintain the North and West stand-alone teams’ EFT for 12 months from 1 April 2018
- Increase Outer Gippsland based EFT allocation from 0.5EFT to 1EFT
- Provide HACSU and Disability Justice Teams information on Target Group Assessments [TGAs]
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our delegates for their invaluable hard work, diligence and guidance in this process.
We look forward to working with you in the forthcoming reviews.
Members should note: the Disability Justice Portal opens on Monday 12 February 2018.
Please contact Lisa White, Industrial Officer with any queries on email@example.com or 9340 4100.